Additional Fees

I have lived in my current house for 12 years & have always had suburban propane . At the first of the year, I received my annual "rental fee" to have one of their propane tanks on my property.

I paid my bill electronically as I have always done. I continue to receive bills from them even though I continue to send them proof that it was electronically paid & cashed through my bank to them. They continue to add more & more fees to this bill & call it "interest" for a bill that was already paid & some "special trip" fee to which NO ONE came to my house. There was no phone call, no papers, NO PROOF, but yet they are attempting to charge me for this "special trip" To do what?

My tank is full. I haven't even used any gas in over 2 years. I work a demanding job that requires several hours of time that can not be disrupted. My husband, which has lived with me the entire time, called this company to complain about the bill & got no where.

It specifically states on their statement "IN CASE OF ERRORS OR QUESTION ABOUT YOUR BILL" "YOU MUST WRITE TO US AT THE ADDRESS SHOWN ON THE FRONT " "TELEPHONING US WILL NOT PRESERVE YOUR RIGHTS".

They continue to call with harassing phone calls & continue to send me bills with more & more interest for a bill that has already been paid. DO NOT use this company

Product or Service Mentioned: Suburban Propane Tank Rental.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Anything at this point.

Comments

Complain to the Attorney General You'll get action. http://myfloridalegal.com/Contact.nsf/Contact?OpenForm&Section=Consumer_Protection_Division