1.1
Additional Fees

I have had Suburban Propane since last summer and I have had nothing but problems with them, and I have no choice but to use them because I live in an apartment complex. First they charge a $500 deposit which is required for all people in my apartment complex, and if you don't have it, you don't get hot water or heat.

It's basically a monopoly because we have no choice. Second was when I had the propane turned on in my name, I was charged for 3 days that weren't mine. Then they charged me 16 gallons for 13 days in August for my household which is only 1 adult. So basically they were saying I used 16 gallons of propane in 13 days just to take a hot shower daily.

Then when I called to find out why, they said "oh our tech read it wrong, it was 8 gallons", which is weird because I've never had a reading where it was an exact number, it's always been like 5.4 or 10.3, never an exact amount. Then I told them that even 8 gallons seemed unlikely. They ended up waiving that bill (because they got caught). After that I never received a regular bill.

Once I didn't get a bill for 7 weeks, then another time I got 2 in one month (which meant I paid service fees twice that month). When I called and asked what their billing/service period was I was told that it "depended on what they had going on and when they could get to me" and that it was "when they could get to it".

I'm also now paying $2.93 a gallon, which is a huge spike since I got them, and I was never once informed that there would be an increase in my prices. Suburban Propane price gouges, and steals from people.

Product or Service Mentioned: Suburban Propane Residential Gas Supply.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Billing, Will not use again.

Comments