I have not purchased Propane in about 6 years from Suburban Propane, since I only use the propane for my pool heater I typically wait for the market price to fall then fill my 1000 gallon underground tank.I originally used and signed an agreement with Agway 1n 2000 to purchase propane with them and their prices were very reasonable along with great service.

I received a call from Suburban Propane in the beginning of the 2017 asking me why I havent purchased Propane from them. They insinuated I might be buying Propane from another company I assured them I was only buying Propane from them and very rarely filled it since it only supplied my pool heater. Now I received a bill in the mail for Tank Rental for $52 I called them to let them know I never agreed to tank rental and would not be paying rental Kenny the manager was very rude and told me that if I didnt pay for tank rental I would be turned over to the Credit Reporting Agency. He explained that they have a very large asset on my property worth over $3100 I chuckled and advised him that my original agreement listed the tank buyout at $1550.

He asked me to send him over a copy of the agreement I suggested he should look for his copy in his files if he had bought out the previous company he should have it and I would be more than happy to bring my original agreement to court. Since my agreement was never for tank rental and I dont agree to it. I think that everyone should also know that in the original agreement that said sale price of tank has a depreciated or reduced rate of 3% annually following a period of 1 year from date of agreement.

Example 1550- (1550 x .03)x16)= 798.So dont let them cheat you!

Review about: Suburban Propane Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

You get an expensive asset installed by a company then proceed to use little to no product and you don't expect them to extract a minimal return on it?$52/year seems more than fair for a very expensive luxury.

Your off base with your assessment of the situation. I bet you happily pay your electric company monthly meter charge even if you don't use any, right? Pay $1.50 for a bottle of water at the convenience store.

Seems like the return you provide those companies is more than the $52 your unwilling to pay the propane company.They should be writing a review about you.