Additional Fees

We recently bought a house that had a Suburban gas tank with about 250 gallon of propane in it. Because their price was a lot higher and we did not like the terms in their contract, we went with another company.

They picked up their tank but are refusing to pay us anything for the remaining gas. They were paid for it once and now they will sell it to seone else.

The only way we could have kept the tank and used the gas (that we thought was ours since . It came with the house was to sign the contract we didnt like.

Review about: Suburban Propane Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

the reason they didn't pay you for the gas was it did not belong to you. when customers sell their house and move, they go out and take a final read then reimburse the previous owner (less anything they owe suburban)which now make the gas in the tank the property of suburban.

if the new owners (you) do not want to continue service and sign a customer contract, they pick it up, bring it back to the yard, pump it out and send it to refurb or put it back in the field depending on its condition.

sometimes as incentive to buy the house, the old home owners gives the gas in the tank to the new owner but a document of the gift must be shown in order for the new owner to get a check once verified that the old owner has a zero balance. I've seen people get shut off or tanks picked up when the new owner actually believed they were given the gas and the old owner never paid the bill for that last del.

They locked up the price, when they delivered they sent me a bill for around $1,900 for a different price. I fixed that part.

They doubled charged twice for around $980. They didn't notice. I found out when my card was declined at the store. 980 came out from the checking account, 980 came out from the credit card.

We had to wait around a week to get 980 back. They sent us a bill for $29 for late fee or maintenance, we still don't know why. They turned off the gas for $29 and they left no paper notice of them coming over.

I came home and my furnace was running. I thought I was in Alaska, but no I wasn't, I was home.