Do NOT sign a contract with this company.I acquired a contract with this company in Durham NC when I bought my house 10 years ago.

Over the years I had small issues here and there but not enough to go through the hassle of switching since I had a rented buried tank. It all started over a year ago. I was on a equal payment plan. In November I got my end of year reconciliation bill and it was over $2000.

I went online and created my online account and found they had billed me for almost 750 gallons of fuel back in Feb. I only have a 500 gallon tank. I had to do the research and point out their error. They billed me for my delivery and someone else's.

It took weeks to get to accept the problem and offer a solution. This is when it gets ugly. Turns out the only number on the portal that is a real number is the number of gallons. The prices and other fees are not the same as what is in their internal system but that is what they go by period.

They could not explain that if the two systems used different pricing how could they both show the same balance due. After months of fighting and weeks of no response I filed a complaint with the BBB. Within 24 hours I got a call back but it was the same old line. I got fed up and said I would pay the amount they said but wanted them gone.

They submitted a response to the BBB that the problem was resolved and I was a happy customer and going to continue using them. All lies. They are now going to charge me to remove their tank plus pay a penalty for any fuel left in the tank as a recovery fee. I tried to buy the tank and they refused to sell it.

They also will not transfer(swap) with another company.

I have called 6 other companies and they all will swap tanks with other companies or sell me their tank if I want it.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with out of my life forever and when i cancelled my service and stated that there is a room for improvement of billing and customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of suburban propane billing department. Suburban Propane needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned suburban propane billing department in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Suburban Propane.

Had an Experience with Suburban Propane?

Comments